Error "NTFS disc check. File system on C corrupted. Needs to be checked"
Original title: NTSF disc check file system on C corrupted needs to be checked
This message shows up when I turn on the computer.
Says to cancel check, touch any key.
Won't cancel, won't continue.
Have to disconnect power and remove battery X2 to get windows to start.
Solutions to the Problem Error "NTFS disc check. File system on C corrupted. Needs to be checked"
Download SmartPCFixer for Free Now
- How long have you had this issue?
- Did you make any software/hardware changes to the computer prior to the issue?
Follow the methods listed below:
Boot into safe mode and schedule a disk check during the next system startup.
See Check a drive for errors
Perform a disk check by booting into system recovery options.
What are the system recovery options in Windows 7? for instructions.
Select “Command Prompt” and run disk check.
Gokul - Microsoft Support
[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button.
If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button.
By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer
Running System Update Readiness Command
On running the System Update readiness Command, it will Detect & Replace Incorrect Registry data with the Correct one. Which may ultimately Solve Error "NTFS disc check. File system on C corrupted. Needs to be checked" in Windows.
- Open CMD as Administrator by Simply Right Clicking on Start button > Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now Type or Copy paste "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth" and hit Enter,
- Now again Type or Copy paste this "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and hit Enter.
- Close the Command Prompt Window because we are done.
Reboot your Windows & see if error Error "NTFS disc check. File system on C corrupted. Needs to be checked" is still there.
Note: Your administrator's password might be needed.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Error "NTFS disc check. File system on C corrupted. Needs to be checked":
How to Fix Error "NTFS disc check. File system on C corrupted. Needs to be checked" with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: Download SONY SVE1512H1RB Synaptics PS/2 Port ClickPad driver
,Method to Download SONY VGC-LT10E SigmaTel Audio Driver Update v.6.10.5614.0
,Way to Download SONY VGN-CS118E/R AV Mode Button Utility v.1.1.01.09140 driver
,Method to Download SONY VGN-FW375J/B Alps Pointing Device Driver v.184.108.40.206
,Where to Download SONY VGN-NS270J/S Pioneer BD-ROM BDC-TD01 Firmware Update v.1.03
,Data Export From Quickbooks To Excel
,Date Format In Formula Bar And In The Cell Is Not The Same
,Deleted The Snipping Tool
,Desktop - Open Program Issues
,Desktop Windows Manager Keeps Poping Up & It Reads That There Is A Problem & That Windows Will Check It Out & Send Me An Answer .
Read More: Error "unable to cast the object of type of the 'system boolean to type system string" at startup
,Emule is being blocked, how do i fix?
,Anwsered en que afecta a mi PC RUNTIME ERROR 2 at 00004AD4
,Tech Support: Equation causes Word to display wrong Line Numbers
,Epson NX 415 Scanner Driver will not load [Solved]
,does anyone know what the dialog means "System.Media.FontFamily' threw an exception windows is checking for a solution?
,Does Log Me In Ignition for my Android with Windows 7 Home Premium?
,Download failure for my Blackberry and the process stops during the install
,Display settings keep changing when I come back from sleep mode
,Downloaded files are not saved